Saturday, January 1, 2011

Thanks, Emily!

As many of you know, I don't embrace change very well. Last night, as I read Emily's final blog post for 2010, I was overwhelmed with a sadness that seems so silly to most. Saying goodbye to a ritual or constant means turning the page and closing yet another chapter in one's life. Memories are made and new challenges are always before us, but as the song goes, "We shall never pass this way again". I don't think we should publish, for everyone to see, every thought in our heads. I think sometimes keeping things to oneself is the best policy, but this daily sharing of the highlights in your life, in my opinion, is a way to stop and answer the question, "Where did the year go?". I especially encourage the "Baby Book Blog". What a beautiful way to share the life of your child with grandparents and family near and far. Keep it up, girls! Don't let the busyness of life keep you from documenting the busyness of life.

Okay, so I guess in a way, I have embraced change. I was totally against the "BBB". Now, I can't wait for the periodic post. Any way I can persuade you to make it a "365"?

Kudos Emily!

No comments:

Post a Comment