Friday, January 14, 2011

In the Good Ol' Summer Time

Saw this picture today on Facebook and it brought back so many memories of this past summer. Since it is so cold, I thought we could all stare at it and remember how hot and sweaty we were just six months ago and think about how hot and sweaty we will be in six months. We have such short memories. I, for one, do not hate the winter. I love the seasons of the year and how well Tennessee portrays each one. As I have reminded my niece, Emily, many times, we would not appreciate the warmth and beauty of Spring if we didn't have the cold and dreariness of Winter. Don't get me wrong. I don't want to live in a place where it is bitter cold 5 months out of the year. But a few snowy and bitter, cold days are just part of wonderful cycle of the seasons. Am I sounding a little too Pollyannnaish? Here is the link to Emily's blog. She'll give you a good dose of the winter blues. :) www.emily-rushton.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Amber, how hilarious! You're right about the seasons. It seems like we're never happy! In 6 months we'll be wishing it was winter again. I love the "plug" for Emily's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL!! You're hysterical! ;) I totally agree with your love for the seasons. . . I'm with you!!

    ReplyDelete