Saturday, June 5, 2010

It's The Simple Things

One of the best things about being a MiMi is the joy of watching "your" little one experience all the pleasures of childhood. Things that have been a part of your childhood and your child's childhood are now a part of your grandchild's life. I can't remember a time when I didn't think this little box of cookies was something really special. I love the smell, taste and memories they evoke. I have bought these cookies for almost every child I have ever known. I have even used a box as a bow on a gift. This afternoon we took Jonah a box. His smile let us know he remembers what that cute little box holds. I love to see his little, chubby hand hold on to the string as he holds it up for me to get him another one out. It's the simple things...












Calling Mommy and Daddy to thank them for letting me
spend the night at MiMi and PoPi's house.

2 comments:

  1. Awww!! We love this!! What a precious post. . . We miss those chubby hands. So glad they are safe with you tonight. We love you! :) Kiss our sweet boy for us. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Animals crackers have been a favorite for many years & they still continue on! Cute little Jonah. :) You & Allen are such a great Mimi & Popi!

    ReplyDelete