Tuesday, May 18, 2010

We Are Blessed

As Yoda would say, "Thankful we are". Eric was involved in an accident on Sunday morning which resulted in a totaled Volvo and a grateful family. After *hydroplaning on I-40, his car spun and hit the median wall several times. A tank of a car, a seat belt and the hand of our
protective God saved him.

Thank you, Heavenly Father, for the protection of our children.

Allen Patrick preached his first "sermon" at Shelby Avenue Baptist Church Sunday morning.
(We didn't tell him about the accident until later.) Very surreal for Allen and I to be sitting in a pew under the teaching of our son. Add the fact that we were keeping his son quiet during the message adds to the Twilight Zonish effect it had on us. Thank you, Heavenly Father, for the blessing of seeing our children mature and seek to serve You with the gifts You have given them.

* to skim on water; especially of a vehicle : to skid on a wet surface (as pavement) because a film of water on the surface causes the tires to lose contact with it

3 comments:

  1. Craaazy! I am so glad that Eric is ok. How scary! And poor Volvo. I'm' sure Allen did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, am in awe of the devotion of your children to the way of God. . . their humility and surrender. It is rare and beautiful and though you would take no credit, it is (in my opinion) a testimony to the love and faith that was modeled before them by you and Allen in your home. I pray God graces us in the same manner! I can think of no greater joy that to know my children were walking in truth!! Love you! :)

    PS- So excited about this blog! Can't wait to read your thoughts and inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thankful that God had His hand on Eric as well. I know you guys are so grateful that all four of your children are walking in the way of our Lord. I'm super excited that you started blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete